Having partnered with many government departments and agencies for more than 20 years, we understand how to navigate the way governments operate, make decisions and buy. Cistel understands the complexities associated with projects ranging from Open Government, data security, application development, process re-engineering, change and device management.
Cloud First — How Cistel Can Assist
Cloud Readiness Assessment
- Determine which workloads are ready to move to Azure (lift and shift, re-platform, new deployment)
Cloud Migration and Deployment
- Create migration plan to move physical servers and virtual machines (including VMware) to Azure
- Provide proper sizing of Azure VMs, estimated costs
- Move data to Azure and scheduling
- Network capacity planning and review availability and security of applications
Training and Education
- Educate users
- Provide shadowing and knowledge transfer
- Implement chargeback with Power BI
- Configure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Creation and deployment of Azure Resource Manager policies (tags, naming convention, control which regions are allowed, audit, etc.)
Hybrid Cloud Networking
- Network design and bandwidth planning
- Hybrid connectivity with ExpressRoute or Site-to-Site VPN
- Deploy virtual firewall appliances and network security groups to secure the network
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Enable disaster recovery from on-premises to Azure with Azure Site Recovery (physical servers, VMWare or Hyper-V VM)
- Azure Automation for automated failover
Automation and DevOps
- ARM Template (JSON) and script authoring
- Configure automatic scale down or scale up of services
- Continuous deployment and integration
- Configuration management
- Complete any required assessments including, TRA, SA&A and PIA
Delivering Projects On-Time and On-Budget
We understand that the public sector is constantly challenged to deliver more with limited budget and resources. Cistel’s experience and effective planning enable our team to know where the hidden challenges lie and effectively handle them before they can disrupt schedules and inflate costs.
Structure and Governance
The public sector is facing on-going changes to mandates and initiatives. Government departments, agencies and crown corporations often turn to Cistel’s expertise to identify potential operational efficiencies, reducing operational costs, defining processes, and improving customer service.
Turn Your Data Into Useful Information
With the increased amount of data being generated and government increasingly under pressure from open government and ATIP policies, proper data management is critical. Cistel has a demonstrated history of success ensuring data is searchable, organized and secure to make certain our clients remain compliant and protected.
Sourcing the Best IT Talent
Our Information Management and Technology (IM/IT) staffing services division in Ottawa assists our clients by sourcing the right IT resource for your specific need. With services available on a contract, contract-to-hire, or full time hire basis, this means you’ll have the arrangement to deliver projects on time and on budget. With in-house recruiters, disciplined technical recruiting processes and an extensive network of more than 25,000 associates, we are able to find qualified resources to meet our clients’ requirements quickly.
Cistel is ready to provide resources in the following areas:
- Enterprise Architecture.
- Software / Application Architecture.
- Business / Systems Analysis.
- Web / Application Development.
- Testing / Quality Assurance.
- Data Analytics / Business Intelligence.
- Help Desk & Deskside Support.
- Technical Writing & Documentation.
Management Consulting and Advisory Services
Cistel’s Public Sector Advisory Team work closely with our clients to audit existing systems and processes, share best practices, tackle challenges, identify opportunities for improvement and plan for the future. As trusted advisors, we have assisted federal, provincial and local governments increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs, and define and document processes. This has included:
- Investment Planning.
- Mobility Strategy.
- Service Design.
- IT Alignment to Business Objectives
and much more.
Protecting an organization’s information and assets from unlawful access, manipulation or destruction is crucial and becoming increasingly more difficult. Ensuring information confidentiality, integrity, and availability is now not only in the best interest of the organization but in many cases is now mandated by legislation, with severe repercussions for organizations who fail to exercise due diligence.
Cistel’s award-winning team supported by our extensive network of partners and associates provide organizations with the information and tools they need to manage the security risks associated with their IT assets. Cistel assists organizations by providing them critical risk management guidance through the following assessments / services:
- Compliance and Regulatory Assessment.
- Threat and Risk Assessment.
- Technical Vulnerability Assessment.
- Security Policy, Standards, and Procedures.
- BCP / DRP.
- Certification and Accreditation.
- Computer Forensics.
- Security Awareness Training.
- Physical Security.
Documents tabled in Canada’s Parliament in May 2016 by the Privacy Commissioner identified that 5,670 privacy breaches involving 45,797 people were reported by federal departments in 2015.
The Privacy Commissioner said the documents suggest “there’s reason to be concerned.”
Cistel tackles major privacy challenges to ensure that personally identifiable information remains protected from the public but, at the same time, accessible to authorized people.
Cistel assists organizations with these challenges through the following services:
- Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Privacy Management Framework.
- Update Info Source.
- ATIP Consulting.
Distinguished as a Microsoft Gold partner, Cistel is Ottawa’s only Microsoft Managed Partner for Eastern Canada. Cistel’s Microsoft Practice assists organizations in the planning, architecture / design, deployment, implementation and/or upgrades of specialized Microsoft solutions including:
- Microsoft System Center.
- Enterprise Mobility Suite – EMS (including mobile management, identity and information protection).
- Skype for Business (unified communication including IM, presence, conferencing and voice).
- Microsoft Cloud Solutions (including Azure, Office 365, Intune, and Microsoft Dynamics).
- CRM and Case Management.
- Device Deployments.
- Upgrades and Deployments (including Internet Explorer, Surface, Windows 10 and others).
Cistel is an Ottawa based Microsoft Cloud Solution Partner (CSP) which allows Cistel to resell, plan for and implement Microsoft cloud solutions such as Office 365, Azure, Intune and CRM for its clients.
Cistel’s Microsoft Practice boasts 40 specialists in Ottawa with Microsoft certifications. In fact, seven Cistel team members have been recognized at the highest level by Microsoft and received the prestigious Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award. Today, Cistel’s recognized experts work closely with Microsoft to shape the future of their products and are requested by Microsoft to present around the world at such high profile events as TechEd North America and Europe, Microsoft Management Summit (MMS), Microsoft TechDays, Canadian MVP Days, and for many User Groups.
IT Managed Services
Whether you require support for an internal IT team or want to outsource your full IT responsibility, Cistel provides a broad spectrum of IT Managed IT Services to public sector organizations in Ottawa, as well as across the country. Tailored to meet individual client operational needs and budgets, our services can be limited to a specific function such as help desk or deskside support or include a full range of services. All detailed in a Service Level Agreement (SLA) to always ensure the right expectations are set and delivered.
Cistel Develops Client Interface for Federal Government Department
Due to a change in legislation, a Canadian Federal Government department was facing a new responsibility for responding to and meeting new requirements for information sharing and communication with stakeholders. Without the technical capability currently in place, the client was facing significant staffing, security and client satisfaction issues if they had to process each request manually.
This Canadian Federal Government client turned to Cistel to develop a new case management system, based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM and DotNet technology. After detailed requirements gathering and system planning, Cistel provided a public-facing portal as well as enhanced case management functionality in accordance with the new legislation. The result is a user-friendly system that provides a citizen immediate access to their protected information while respecting the rights of all parties.
Qualified Supplier of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Solutions
We are a qualified supplier of Artificial Intelligence solutions (Band 3). Let us help you leverage new and existing AI technologies to better serve Canadians and fulfill your mandate.
- AI and Data Strategy
- Readiness Audit
- Process Automation
- Product Development
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Modelling
- Chatbots and virtual agents
- Automated Decision Systems
“Cistel is a true partner. Their team ensured that our high profile application project was delivered on time and on budget.”
“Cistel not only delivers high-quality professional services but takes the time to understand our business and challenges and in turn proposes viable solutions and recommendations.”
“Cistel is responsive and provides us highly skilled resources.”